- The most important factor in software work is the quality of the programmers.
- One of the two most common causes of runaway projects is unstable requirements.
- Missing requirements are the hardest requirements errors to correct.
- Design is a complex, iterative process. Initial design solutions are usually wrong and certainly not optimal.
- Error removal is the most time-consuming phase of the lifecycle.
- Rigorous inspections can remove up to 90 percent of errors before the first test case is run.
- Maintenance typically consumes 40 to 80 percent of software costs. It is probably the most important software lifecycle phase
- Understanding the existing product is the most difficult maintenance task.
- Efficiency stems more from good design than good coding.
Via [Coding Horror]